08 July 2013

Week 25

Querido Familia!

July 8, 2013

How was the good ole Fourth of July? Sister Healey spent dinner at a member's house and then had to be in our apartment by 7:00. After planning we built a fort and watched "17 Miracles." Let's just say there was a consistent flow of tears. But it was really fun. That makes for two fourth of julys down and one more to go before our whole family is together. Just think, the last one where we were all together (2011) was Pre-Nolan time. Who will be the next addition to the family (cough, cough, Katie & Nick?) (cough, cough KC?) (cough, cough or will it be me who brings someone else in? haha). Hope it was grand!
And can I please take some time to bear my testimony about how powerful 17 Miracles is. Yall should watch it. It is beautiful. After I watched it I couldn't do anything but be grateful for the pioneers who took their trek to Zion. I don't know if I have told yall this, but there are a couple of members here in our ward who are really big into Kentucky history with the church. There is a lady in the ward who bought me a book that was published all about Kentucky and church history. Charles and Sarah are in it. Did you know that Charles is the only Kentucky-born apostle? Pretty cool, eh?

This week: Well, we didn't have any investigators at church this week, that was a bummer. Jasmin still hasn't been to church, so that means we are pushing her date back, again. I really hope it happens with her and I hope that she is able to be baptized before school starts for her.

We have several investigators who are progressing though, including an older gentleman that we have been teaching who lives in an old folks apartment complex. We will probably have to pass him off to the English Elders soon, but he is a hoot.He is so sincere, we just love Larry.

There have been a lot of TMI stories that have happened to us this week, but Sister Healey and I are staying strong together. Sorry I don't have as much to say this week. I forgot my camera card as well so I don't have any pictures to send yet. 

So last night Hermana Healey and I went to go and visit an investigator who we had only met with once before. We got there and then I noticed a snake on the AC box on the outside of their house! GROSS. Just then, the husband was pulling into the driveway and we were able to get his attention to it before IT SLITHERED INTO THEIR HOUSE. Ah, we tried to come in and have a lesson with Erika, but then all she could think of was her husband in the other room who was moving furniture, doing something with a hammer and vaccuum and walking back and forth between the room and outside.... In other words, Sister Healey and I liked to call this event: the Garden of Erika. The snake was such a distraction! And it was definitely a distraction from Satan. We were only able to share a quick scripture with her, but hopefully we can come back soon. 

Love you! Hope you are enjoying your summer! Send me lots of pics, sorry I can't respond back individually! 

Con Amor,

Hermana Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment