22 April 2013

Week 14 Kentucky

April 22, 2013
Hey familia!
 
So I'm writing yall from Oak Grove, Kentucky. Since they sent me and my new companion, Hermana McNab, out to KY during the suprise mini-transfer last week they didn't have anywhere for us to stay out in Hopkinsville so we are crashing with some English sisters in Oak Grove, which is on the TN, KY border.
It has been a roller coaster ride of emotions the past week because there is no area book, we don't live in our area, we don't have a car, and we don't know any members! It is a repeat of what we experienced in Manchester, but we are hit with ten times more oppostion. We just got news that we will be getting an apartment next week though! So that is exciting, even though it will be in the middle of the transfer. I guess I have a fear that I will get transfered again at the end of this transfer and will never actually see the fruits of my labors! But I have definitely learned a lot about how Heavenly Father is choosing to test me and try me. It has been amazing though. Every time that me and my companion are brought down low, we are brought up even higher than before. We have already experienced so many miracles out here! We know that the work will be stifled for a bit, but we can tell that the possibility of setting up a Spanish group out here in Hopkinsville is definitely there! There are already some really strong Spanish families in the ward and we know that we will be able to accomplish hopefully an FHE group by the end of this transfer! I'm really excited to work with the Hispanic members because they are already so excited to know that we have Spanish speaking missionaries! One sister is from Peru and the other family is from Mexico!
 
Pray for me and my companion out here! Hermana McNab and I get along FANTASTICALLY though. I can really tell that we can really work well together. We have already been a really good support system to each other while we've been frusturated. I'm really excited to work with her and she is awesome to pick up and finish my training. So far all of my companions have also gone to BYU and Hermana McNab is from Auburn, Washington. I'm excited to work more with her!
 
This is going to have to be short, but hopefully I will have loads of miracles to tell yall about next week. This is day 14 of my 40 day fast where I'm not writing any friends and fasting from other things that might be distracting.  
 
And please enjoy the first picture I took here in Kentucky! I'll have to tell you the story about next week!
 
Con Amor,
Hermana Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment