20 March 2013

Semana 9--Vision


This quote that I have included below is called the Vision of the South. I think it was said in the seventies, maybe? But it is something we recite often in our mission and it has become really special to me while I've been out.
 
"Make no small plans: They have no magic to stir men's souls. This is the vision I have for the South. I beleive that one day the South will baptize more people into the Church than all other English-speaking missions in the world together. There are great hosts of marvelous Baptists, members of the Church of Christ, Methodists, and Catholics who are honorable people, and have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and love him. As they see the church veering off to the right or the left of thsoe basic teachings, they will begin to search for truth; and as pivotal teachers come into the church and have influence they will see the time when we baptize hundreds and thousands, tens of thousands, in your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the South States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people. The missionaries love the South. We are making great strides and expect to continue."
 
Vaugn J. Featherstone
 
I think in my email last week I wrote that there are churches everywhere here. Everyone we talk to we can ask them if they are religious and they will tell us that they beleive in God and that they beleive in Christ. It's funny because a lot of people here are really friendly and most of them have invited us in or have rescheduled times with us and they love to talk about Jesus Christ. I think it is a good way for us to really get in the door. I'm excited for the work out here in Manchester Tennessee. In the mission we talk a alot about vision and how important it is to have vision. If we have vision and work toward that vision God will bless us and endow us with power. I know that there are miracles in store for this area and that Hermana Smith and I need to make sure we keep up our vision for the Manchester area and our vision for the South. Every week in our emails our mission president asks us to share miracles that happened to us. I chose to share this miracle and I hope that yall enjoy it because it really has strengthened my testimony about finding and how Heavenly Father feels about His children.
 
The other day Hermana Smith and I were tracting and the Elders drove by and saw us. Since we are Spanish missionaries, they texted us that there was a Hispanic down the road, also walking, and that we should try and catch up to him. Minutes later we noticed him in his blue plaid shirt and we thought about catching up to him, but he was just too far ahead. Eventually he turned a corner and we went off to try and catch a couple of appointments we had set up.When our appointments fell through we decided to try another investigator's house and see if he was home. Turned out he wasn't home, but someone else, a guy named Leo. We started talking to Leo and shared the message of the Restoration. He listened, but didn't appear to be too interested, but he thanked us for coming and we left him with a prayer and assured him that our Heavenly Father is aware of him and is looking out for him. As we were leaving I turned back around, and guess what I noticed. Leo was wearing a blue plaid shirt! He was the guy we were following earlier! Hermana Smith and I looked at each other with awe! That experience was a testimony to us that Heavenly Father was truly aware of Leo and that He wanted us to find him and share a message of His love for him. We don't think we'll ever see Leo again, but that was a testimony to us that God is aware of His children and He places people in our path as missionaries. I hope that I can always be aware of who Heavenly Father wants us to teach and testify to, and that we don't ever pass up the opportunity to share the Gospel if we can. I feel blessed that Heavenly Father chose to put Leo in our path again and that we were able to share a message with him. Who knows if Heavenly Father will give us those kinds of opportunities twice, like He did with Leo. I know that one of the worst possible feelings when we return back to Heaven is to have someone come up to us and ask us, "Why didn't you share the message of the Gospel with me when you had the chance? I was there, waiting to hear the Gospel, and you passed me by."
I hope and pray this week that our eyes will be more open and aware to sharing the gospel with all those that we can because we may never know what Heavenly Father has in store for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment